Friday, August 5, 2011

The Challenges have Ended

So For the last Month or so I accepted a challenge (Thanks Deanna) and challenged myself
To No Flour
and To No Processed Foods

Overall in the 5 weeks 
I lost 8.5 lbs
Feel Better 
and 
I Have learned a lot of things about myself
1- I do have self control
2- If I wait long enough this to shall pass
3- Being miserable helps no one
4- Walking is one of the BEST changes I ever made in my life
5- Learning to "Give it up!" to whatever higher powers will listen to me HELPS

I am nearly finished with a book

What's Gotten into Us?: Staying Healthy in a Toxic World

by Mckay Jenkins

This book is a HUGE EYE OPENER to all aspects of our lives

IF YOU CARE about your life, your family and or your planet

I DARE YOU TO READ THIS BOOK!

 Let's get back to basics

Think about using mason jars to store your foods instead of the endless leaching of plastics with or without BPA  (reality, BPA is only one of hundreds of thousands of leaching plastic chemicals )

USE foil instead of plastic wrap

USE baking soda and vinegar instead of Caustic Chemicals (um, which are all the ones in the grocery store aisle)

USE more fruits and vegetable raw in your daily meals

TAKE OFF  your shoes before entering your home

I really hate living a doomsday life

and I do feel I have some chance to make a differenence

for myself, my children, my grand-daughters and their children!

Anyone got a new challenge for me?

 

No comments: