Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Being and Keeping Healthy

First and foremost my passion to be healthy came about when I heard I would be a grandmother!
   That was 12 years ago, and ever since that moment I have made many changes in my life to lose weight and become healthier!
    Initially at that time I wore a size 26 dress!  (That's me in the middle, it was Halloween)
Yep it's true... now I am a 12/14 depending on where you shop!  There are a great many supplements on my counter that I consume during the course of the day.. here they are..
Ashwaganda, Shatavari, Triphala, (Banyon Botanicals) Swedish Bitters (Nature Works), MacaForce, Earth, and Green and Lake Algae (Healthforce Nutritional foods), and my tea blends!
When I get up my coffee is first...I can't go without a cup of coffee and if you knew me it's no tea cup I drink my coffee from, but a mug that holds 3 cups of coffee !

Later.. I mix into the blender, a banana, water, and fruit could be berries, plum, peach, pineapple, dates whatever is about, sometimes 1/2 cup almond milk, and then the powdered supplements, of course it's not very pretty and usually dark green, or brown but it tastes great.. and the energy it supplies me with is wonderful.  That is BREAKFAST! 

If you don't have a Vita-mix and you want a great blender!  Go to ebay and see if you can conjure one up! I wouldn't be without it.  My Mom has had hers over 30years now and it's still works great!


Here I am recently sporting my size Medium top... !   Do remember you get out of Life what YOU put into it!

            I make it a point to walk every day.. (unless it's horribly humid)  I began with short walks, and a bit of alternative exercise (Leslie Sansone Walking DVD's) and now my walks are up to 3.5-4 miles once a day, sometimes twice depending on weather and mundane activity. I love walking and it really helps calm the body and the nerves!  There's so many wonderful miracles that Mother Nature has provided us with, when you walk you become a part of that picture.......... take your first steps and try Walking!  It's affordable and fun!!

2 comments:

Eat To Live said...

I am going to put this blog on my blog roll if you don't mind. That way I can keep up with your posts.

I see below that you make almond milk....I do too... Terry

Earth Song said...

Sure Terry.. why not!!