Sunday, July 24, 2011

The 25 Day NO Flour Challenge 18/19

Days 18 and 19
 
It was just WAY to HOT to come out into the school building to go online to put in yesterdays blog
and to tell you the truth it is miserable as well today
the humidity is unbearable for me
I have stopped sweating since Friday morning..
 
 So I made the unending Oatmeal Bowl 
Never-Ending Oatmeal Bowl
(serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1 1/2 cups water or non-dairy milk
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup more liquid
  • optional: sweetener, add-ins
Place your oats and salt in a large, microwaveable dish (I use a pyrex 4-cup measurer) with the non-dairy milk. (You can use all water, but it’s MUCH creamier with milk. I use a combination.) Microwave 1 and 1/2 minutes, then add your chia and 1/2 cup more liquid. Microwave 2 more minutes. Don’t open the microwave door yet. Instead, leave your mixture for five minutes. Then stir and put in the fridge—uncovered—overnight. Next day, it will magically be thick and ready for your favorite add-ins!

 IF anyone ever told me I would eat cold oatmeal I would have said.. NO WAY...but this is actually very good.. if you don't at least try it ~ pooh on you!

I had that for breakfast this morning with some fresh blueberries and chopped raw almonds.
Yesterday I ate a mango for breakfast
Lunch.. WATER
Dinner... More Water and More Water, instant potatoes, tempeh and a salad of spinach greens with cucumber..to hot to cook!
I don't even know how much water I drank yesterday but we went out to do errands and I actually carried my SIGG bottle and drank it while shopping in Home Depot, Lowe's and Michael's 
Celebrate Earth
Reuse ~ Renew ~ Recycle

There have been no real challenges other than Restaurants
IF you are a vegetarian they think all you eat is Pasta!

PLEASE if you own a restaurant or know someone who does
Encourage them to create a dish for people who don't eat flour products!
Because I am telling you right now
THERE AREN'T ANY 
 
I have been forced to eat lobster salad.. three times now for there were no viable choices.. Salmon maybe.. in RI FRIED is the way to go....
 
 
There is no wonder in my mind WHY so many people are obese
THE food CHOICES we have are POOR
IF you are hungry 
Want a quick bite
Are to tired to cook
WHAT do you GRAB
?????????????
Bread or Pasta most likely!

THEN I encourage you to do a 25 day NO FLOUR CHALLENGE
it's an eye opener if nothing else
 
So far this month I have lost a total of 5 lbs
Not Bad!
FEBRUARY 1976
Such Babies!

No comments: