Friday, July 1, 2011

Enchanted Garden Circle of Protection


Tools needed:
A good hand-cutting tool
Planting Velcro
Hemp cording
Garden Gloves

Also needed are vines of some sort, in this case I used wisteria (early spring, summer wisteria vines are nice to work with )
Fresh Herbs or Flowers that dry nicely

I have taken several of the longest wisteria vines that I could find.



These were cut off of the Mother plant here in my yard. The largest and thickest was chosen to be the base circle.
From this base circle I began weaving the long vines in, out and around the base using no cording or wires, simply weaving in and out, while chanting the words “Bless and care for the birds, the insects, the plants and all those who visit this garden.”
Continuing weaving the vines until the circle is full enough for the look you are  seeking. It could ultimately be very large or very small, depending on your needs, I have chosen for it to be about 2 feet wide as the space where it will hang is very open.


You can see from the photo it is the width of this chair cushion.
Then adding several herbs, in this case, Rue (Fire), Horehound (Water), Peppermint (Air) and Oregano (Earth) for representing the elements.  I added them one at a time at the base of the wreath with the plant Velcro then overlapping the last of the bunch, with one or more herbs plants to cover that Velcro piece while weaving them into the  wisteria.  This gives the wreath a nice finished look.
Remember to chant the verse while weaving. This can be any verse you may wish, as the circle will continue to hold the chant.  Any herbs can be used taking into mind which elements they may serve.
Lastly I took a long piece of the hemp cord, which I then folded four times, again chanting the verse of protection and then made a hanger that would fold over and through the vines at the top.
Crawling over and atop my koi pond I hung the wreath over the fence.




Here is the completed project hanging on the fence.
And one taken back to see the effect with the garden included.
 Look at all those beautiful evening primrose!

This concludes my latest end of the work week, end of the day project!

No comments: