Sunday, July 10, 2011

The 25 Day NO Flour Challenge

Day 5

Doing Great
Yesterday the first Saturday posed some challenges.
Breakfast was fairly simple, as usual a smoothie with some coconut water, a banana, water and Health Force Nutritional "Green" supplement
I snacked on a small bowl of the last of the Dragon Kale salad mid morning
and off we went to do some errands
Hunger began to nag at me and since neither my husband and I had eaten
any lunch and the day was quickly moving along we decided to visit a local restaurant that's on the waterfront "Blount Clam Shack" it was already after 4 P.M.
(they have a facebook page, check em out! )  
There was only one choice for me that didn't include flour, and that was the Lobster roll which incidentally is a regular Saturday special for $9.99 which came with french fries (yes I ate them!) and coleslaw 
I did not eat the roll (I saved it brought it home and fed it to the squirrels and birds since the children feed them their crusts daily, Saturdays are a let down for them, they really enjoyed the roll!!)
The salad came on a nice big piece of romaine lettuce so I ate some with a fork, and some rolled in the lettuce leaf.
Imagine a restaurant where everything has flour except the cole slaw, french fries and lobster salad.. strange huh
Later for a snack I ate another of those corn thins with some peanut butter

I realized I only drank three glasses of water.. NOT very good
As far as exercise.. I left the house early, the weather still hadn't changed it was humid and sunny.. we didn't get very far, when ZaZu began limping, I checked his legs and paws, saw nothing, so we had to turn around, 1/2 way back, he decides whatever was bothering him was ok! :)  But we cut it short anyway, the heat was horrible
The weather began changing and it started getting less humid and cooler, so later round 7 in the evening we took him to the park for another walk!
Sunday is Day Five
Today's Meal plan

JUICE 
 I put together some fresh juice in my Breville Fountain Juicer
  a turnip, four carrots,
2 apples, 1/2 red pepper, 
1 tomato, 4 stalks of celery and 1 orange!
I added chia seeds (previously soaked) to my juice

Then I made cole slaw for today
1/2 head of white cabbage
1/4 head of red cabbage
5 carrots 
grated in the food processor
1/8 cup of Olive Oil
1/4 cup of Rice Wine Vinegar
2 tablespoons of honey
and 
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
It's really great to have time to do all this 
 Last night I knitted while watching
"Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" a 2010 film by Joe Cross and Australian man who is overweight and does a 60 day juice detox challenge!  The results are amazing. He is a very sick man at the beginning of this film and sets out to cure himself, along the way he meets many people who are interested two in particular who take on a 10 day juice challenge. One Woman rids herself of all migraines and has continued eating healthier. Another Man who initially is interested later calls Joe to accept the challenge, and continues to inspire an entire community with his weight loss and health.
  Have a Mighty Fine Day
Oh my weight today stayed the same!

No comments: