Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The 25 Day NO Flour Challenge Day 14

Day 14

And the BIGGEST CHALLENGE YET!
Last night I had to go to the grocery store!
Okay not generally a big deal, but I was hungry!!! ~ it was 6 P.M.!!
During the day all I'd had was a small bowl, like 1/2 cup of lentil salad and 
my morning smoothie.

Here I am alone in Stop and Shop a BIG grocery chain
looking for cabbage, green and red to make a no mayo cole slaw for a picnic gathering for the Portsmouth Arts Guild being held today. Which I will be attending 
THE NEXT CHALLENGE
I entered the grocery store at the opposite end of the produce section.
I didn't have a list, was really just going to get cabbage, but of course was sidetracked by what we 'might' need at home.

Perusing... I remember I needed Apple Cider Vineger, but decide not Heinz, but Bragg's which of course is in the nature section.. but I pick up 4 small cans of sliced black olives perhaps a new option to add to my dinner for an extra burst of flavor.
Finally I make it to produce... find the cabbage but wait.. 
Mangoes are on sale 4 for 5
So I take some time to pick out those.. then make my way to the 'healthy' section 
(isn't that a joke  shouldn't the entire grocery store be filled with healthy choices!) 
I forget the apple cider vinegar but remember the So Delicious Coconut Milk for our smoothies.
Basically I was all over that damn grocery store.. and the hunger was beating at me. 
I tell you there is Frikkin FLOUR in almost everything in that damn store
Searching for possible 'supper' choices 
I find NOTHING
and every item I picked up that was processed had FLOUR

THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Even though you may always check labels
REMEMBER not to get lazy about it
YOU cannot take anything for granted in the grocery store!
 Flour was hiding in everything....
 Feeling like a gem
I made it home
with only healthy foods and fruits
Nothing processed except the olive slices

Remember to stay HYDRATED 
BE POSITIVE

Anything you want to do 
IS POSSIBLE

 

 

No comments: