Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The 25 Day NO Flour Challenge

Day 8

There really is nothing new today
Yesterday the temperatures soared to reach 90 degrees, the humidity level was high, the dew-points in the uncomfortable range yet the day went on.
Night was uncomfortable
Exercise
Nill

The day was simple, as was the food, since everything was prepared ahead there was no thought involved
for which I am endlessly grateful because if I had to cook in that heat I would have been miserable!

The Farmers Market was packed, and I forgot my camera!
Sorry...
I was fortunate enough to go with my Mom
  We don't often enough have the opportunity to share time together

Here are some photos for making almond milk

gather 'raw' almonds which I find easily in the nature section of my local grocer
soak them overnight in water 
In the morning drain off the water, and rinse the almonds
then pop them into a high powered blender with 3 times the amount of water as the almonds you used

1 cup of almonds 3 cups of water
I don't add any sugars, but if you want it sweetened you could add agave, or honey
WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

When complete strain thru a fine mesh bag (they do sell nut-milk bags) then refrigerate
this will keep about 4 days, maybe longer!
But its best when fresh!


Remember ANYTHING is POSSIBLE
See you tomorrow!

No comments: